In Reply to: RE: AR-2a Question posted by JonM on May 16, 2017 at 10:59:26:
You can probably find the "new" midrange unit with which they replaced the two mid-tweeters. I recall Henry Kloss had a low opinion of those drivers.
I had a pair of AR2ax that I got rid of because the potentiometers were driving me nuts and I didn't have the skills to do surgery.
I also had a pair of KLH6 which sounded great with a PAS preamp into a Rotel ss poweramp and a Marantz CD63se. The PAS still had tone controls and by goosing them a bit I could get a magnificent sound out of the Chess Chuck Berry collection on CD!
It's never too late to turn back the clock.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - AR-2a Question - john5 11:17:09 05/13/17 (17)
- RE: AR-2a Question - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:35:08 05/16/17 (0)
- RE: AR-2a Question - M3 lover 16:50:47 05/13/17 (9)
- RE: AR-2a Question - john5 19:10:07 05/13/17 (0)
- RE: AR-2a Question - Jack D II 18:15:58 05/13/17 (7)
- RE: AR-2a Question - email@example.com 20:32:02 05/13/17 (6)
- RE: AR-2a Question - Jack D II 21:30:57 05/13/17 (5)
- RE: AR-2a Question - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:37:19 05/13/17 (5)Follow Ups
- Upgrade? - ph5y 12:18:43 05/19/17 (0)