In Reply to: RE: AR-2a Question posted by email@example.com on May 14, 2017 at 05:53:23:
Reference 3A Grand Veenas have a capacitor between the bass speakers and the midrange to prevent bass frequencies from interfering with the midrange and another between the midrange and the treble for the same purpose. The midrange and treble are set back for time alignment. The Reference 3A diCapos also. Mine are the older model where the Murata Supertweeter is slightly set back from the tweeter.
Dunlavys were also time aligned.
To me a crossover is designed to change the response of a speaker and not to merely diminish that response.
Edits: 05/14/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - AR-2a Question - john5 11:17:09 05/13/17 (17)
- RE: AR-2a Question - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:35:08 05/16/17 (0)
- RE: AR-2a Question - M3 lover 16:50:47 05/13/17 (9)
- RE: AR-2a Question - john5 19:10:07 05/13/17 (0)
- RE: AR-2a Question - Jack D II 18:15:58 05/13/17 (7)
- RE: AR-2a Question - email@example.com 20:32:02 05/13/17 (6)
- RE: AR-2a Question - Jack D II 21:30:57 05/13/17 (5)
- RE: AR-2a Question - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:37:19 05/13/17 (5)