In Reply to: AR-2a Question posted by john5 on May 13, 2017 at 11:17:09:
Could the potentiometer positions have changed in the meantime? that's a wild guess on my part but possible.
Also it's a good idea to set the potentiometers for the mid and treble at full on. The mid point, usually thought of as flat was set below the woofer level to ameliorate what AR thought was poor treble on recordings. Besides you will only be affecting response above 2 kHz. That's where the dual 5" 'mid ranges' rolled in. Today that's often the crossover point for a 1" dome tweeter. And, of course, the mid ranges on the AR-2a were the tweeters on the AR-2. The dome driver is more a super tweeter.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - AR-2a Question - john5 11:17:09 05/13/17 (17)
- RE: AR-2a Question - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:35:08 05/16/17 (0)
- RE: AR-2a Question - M3 lover 16:50:47 05/13/17 (9)
- RE: AR-2a Question - john5 19:10:07 05/13/17 (0)
- RE: AR-2a Question - Jack D II 18:15:58 05/13/17 (7)
- RE: AR-2a Question - email@example.com 20:32:02 05/13/17 (6)
- RE: AR-2a Question - Jack D II 21:30:57 05/13/17 (5)
- RE: AR-2a Question - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:37:19 05/13/17 (5)Follow Ups
- RE: AR-2a Question - email@example.com 12:37:19 05/13/17 (5)