Have just had these for a couple weeks and am quite pleased. I am really surprised at the bass. No, it's not so deep you wouldn't want a sub but it's quite impressive for the size of the speaker, how it gets so much clarity in the mids and treble and yet doesn't accomplish that by slighting the bass.
What impresses me most about the speakers is that when I listen to guitar reviews on youtube I can suddenly hear differences that I didn't hear before e.g. the distinct sound of the pine bodied Squier telecasters (whatever its ultimate source) or the cheap hb pickups on the thinline. These speakers might not be as dramatic sounding as some speakers but they do seem to be very accurate. When my budget recovers I will get a sub. I am tempted by the Pioneer Andrew-Jones designed sub because it is less than $150 on ebay and gets rave reviews. I am a music-only guy, but I'll probably wait until I can afford the companion sub from BW or some other more elaborate design than the Pioneer. I'm not against 20hz extension but I don't need it and the main thing I don't want is slow sloppy decay that in theory you get with ported designs. John Dunlavy claimed a ported woofer could not decay more than 3db per cycle so if the attack is at 105 db -- not subjectively deafening at 30 hz -- it would take half a second to decay down to 60db. That's half a second of noise that's not on the recording. On the other hand with instruments whose natural decay is slow, you might not notice a port contribution.
It's never too late to turn back the clock.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - ph5y 15:15:00 05/09/17 (9)
- RE: b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - Industrial 05:04:23 06/03/17 (0)
- RE: b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - AudioLibertarian 16:16:01 05/13/17 (2)
- RE: b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - ph5y 20:29:24 05/18/17 (1)
- RE: b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - AudioLibertarian 18:18:15 05/22/17 (0)
- RE: b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - firstname.lastname@example.org 20:58:44 05/09/17 (2)
- I'm a Geoffrey Horne fan/ conspiracy theorist! - ph5y 11:52:07 05/10/17 (1)
- RE: I'm a Geoffrey Horne fan/ conspiracy theorist! - email@example.com 12:31:46 05/10/17 (0)
- RE: b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - Mr Peabody 19:32:13 05/09/17 (1)
- RE: b&W cm1 notes - midrange and bass - ph5y 11:20:07 05/10/17 (0)