In Reply to: RE: No Blues! posted by Bob Rex on June 30, 2017 at 17:19:32:
Occasionally I'll play back to back the 3 or 4 different live versions of poor will in my collection. The way RT solos on poor will is so different from virtually anyone else's playing and so astonishingly fitting to the song. One of the things about RT's playing is it is typically so fitting to the subject of the song.
As another example, listen to cavalry cross, the way the solos build to a crescendo and then taper back to a whisper.
RT is definitely my favorite electric guitarist.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - RT - mhardy6647 08:13:07 06/28/17 (9)
- No Blues! - Eddie T 21:24:37 06/29/17 (4)
- RE: No Blues! - Bob Rex 17:19:32 06/30/17 (3)
- RE: RT - geoff 10:05:26 06/29/17 (0)
- RE: RT Most under appreciated? - jefe 21:25:02 06/28/17 (0)
- RE: RT - fantja 16:14:05 06/28/17 (0)
- RE: RT - twowheels 14:11:38 06/28/17 (0)