In Reply to: RE: Cornell 5/8/77 posted by raya on May 12, 2017 at 21:20:15:
I just received my CD copy and did a quick comparison with my reference. So far, it sounds better, as if mine has a bit more haze and this one has more punch and more extention. The mastering seems to have eliminated some tape hiss, something I did to my remastering. They also seemed to have worked out some of the low rumble microphone noise problem at the beginning of the first set but some of it is still there. I am going to do an extraction to see how much compression was added. My ears tell me some but I'll have to take a look to see how much.
In all, it sounds good on first listen and I'm glad they patched Minglewood, too.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Cornell 5/8/77 - jefe 20:24:21 05/08/17 (11)
- RE: Cornell 5/8/77 - Mike B. 09:13:09 05/10/17 (7)
- RE: Cornell 5/8/77 - jimmycj 17:39:23 05/18/17 (2)
- RE: Cornell 5/8/77 - fantja 17:49:23 05/10/17 (3)
- RE: Cornell 5/8/77 - lokie 05:18:02 05/10/17 (0)
- RE: Cornell 5/8/77 - GratefulBob 21:50:28 05/08/17 (1)
- Cornell 5/8/77 - Steelhead 16:18:34 05/09/17 (0)
- RE: Cornell 5/8/77 - raya 12:59:16 05/18/17 (1)
- RE: Cornell 5/8/77 - raya 13:54:16 05/18/17 (0)