In Reply to: And then I remembered ... posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on May 13, 2017 at 07:52:56:
Yeah, I remember that too. I was in a drugstore during Lennon's five year, self-imposed exile, and saw on the rack, a magazine cover (Esquire, perhaps?) with something about Yoko selling a cow (yes, just one) for a cool quarter-million dollars. The marketing worked, because I bought the magazine to see what they were both up to.
Lennon even refers to it in his song Dear Yoko, on Double Fantasy. During the fade-out, he says, "When you come over next time, don't sell a cow, spend some time with me and Sean. Get in the water!"
"Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be. 'Cause now I'm an amputee" J. LennonThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Blondie's "Sunday Girl" live - FenderLover 07:19:25 05/11/17 (8)
- Mmm, Debbie - 1973shovel 10:59:23 05/11/17 (7)
- Parallel Lines - FenderLover 18:33:13 05/11/17 (6)
- I ignored the first two records - email@example.com 06:16:33 05/12/17 (5)
- "Macy's Punk" - 1973shovel 07:49:43 05/12/17 (4)
- I did not make that up - firstname.lastname@example.org 17:37:12 05/12/17 (3)Follow Ups
- "I remember reading how Ms. Ono was very good at cattle futures" - 1973shovel 08:54:38 05/13/17 (0)