In Reply to: RE: Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge posted by Kingshead on April 3, 2017 at 14:16:17:
I'd really appreaciate your list. Even a partial one would help.
Even with the suggestions offered here, I still can't make progress in my research. Most of what I'm finding is the well known, super popular stuff from the 1970's. Most of it's from later in the decade.
My cutoff date is 1973. The reasons are due to the stylistic and socio-political change that occurred afterwards [I'll be posting a condensed article on all of that - if I can ever get the research done].
The other condition is that I don't need to know the highly popular, well know, high-on-the-charts songs. Those are easily found on youtube, itunes. etc.
What I'm looking for are the album tracks that weren't high on the charts necessarily, nor triple platinum sellers - but were, nevertheless, well know and widely listened to by 20-somethings during that period. Such as the examples I've provided. As another example, I believe that a rock band calling themselves "The Flock" are exactly what I think I'm talking about.
Severius! Supremus InvictusThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - Newey 21:54:38 03/10/17 (14)
- RE: Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - Kingshead 14:16:17 04/03/17 (4)
- If It's Not Too Much Trouble - Newey 20:19:53 04/07/17 (3)
- Thanks - But - Newey 19:29:46 03/13/17 (2)
- RE: Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - JPMaggies 14:44:31 03/13/17 (0)
- RE: Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - fantja 00:31:44 03/13/17 (0)
- umm, let's see -- "Who's Next" came out in 1971. No trace of it on those sources? - mhardy6647 17:44:48 03/11/17 (0)
- This is called... - mkuller 09:28:24 03/11/17 (2)
- Thanks - Newey 09:45:29 03/11/17 (1)
- Lots of interesting things going on in the early 70s - tunenut 22:09:26 03/12/17 (0)