No, I haven't suddenly started liking rock music. But, my opinions on the topic are just that - my own opinions, which count for nothing more. Pretty much everyone has opinions. So, I was working on an extended post to subtantiate my opinions, when it gradually expanded and took on wider scope [I may even submit the finished product to some higher source, if I can write it well enough].
In any case, I've run into a road block. Here's what's happened. A typically inconsiderate 20-something was blasting his cell phone. But, the rock he was blasting was atypical. So, I went up to the thug. I should've approached him to beat the daylights out of him to teach him a lesson about correct adult public behavior, but I curious about the particular rock he was playing. So, I axed him about it. Here's some of what he was playing [I'm cringing as I type these ridiculous rock music band names]:
Grand Funk Railroad - "I'm Your Captain/I'm Getting Closer To My Home"
Jethro Tull - "With You There To Help Me"
Eric Clapton - "Let It Rain"
Spirit - "1984"
Uriah Heep - "Easy Livin'"
Those are the only ones I remember. But, he played many, many more. Here's the problem. Everyone's got playlists. Everyone's got mixes. BUT - there appear to be NO MIXES for album rock tracks for the exact period of 1970 - 1973. NONE.
1970 - 1973 album tracks don't exist.
I've tried iTunes, Google, and youtube. The only thing they bring up are the big hits from the 70's [the whole decade], or disco, or progressive rock - but not the kind of rock represented by the tracks cited above. I'm not looking for the big, major 1970s songs.
During that period of time, everyone heard the big hits, but everyone also listened to albums, and heard the kind of exact music corresponding to the song types l've listed above. BUT - I CAN'T FIND A MIX OR LIST OF IT ANYWHERE.
So, can anyone help out? Does anyone have a source? Any advice?
Severius! Supremus Invictus
Edits: 03/10/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - Newey 21:54:38 03/10/17 (14)
- RE: Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - Kingshead 14:16:17 04/03/17 (4)
- If It's Not Too Much Trouble - Newey 20:19:53 04/07/17 (3)
- Thanks - But - Newey 19:29:46 03/13/17 (2)
- RE: Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - JPMaggies 14:44:31 03/13/17 (0)
- RE: Seeking 1970s Rock Experts With 70s Mix Knowledge - fantja 00:31:44 03/13/17 (0)
- umm, let's see -- "Who's Next" came out in 1971. No trace of it on those sources? - mhardy6647 17:44:48 03/11/17 (0)
- This is called... - mkuller 09:28:24 03/11/17 (2)
- Thanks - Newey 09:45:29 03/11/17 (1)
- Lots of interesting things going on in the early 70s - tunenut 22:09:26 03/12/17 (0)