The Jongen piece is a blast and well-constructed, good tunes and great kinetic energy in the Finale. I first came across the piece when Telarc released a recording with the SFO.
HDTT's offering a new recording with Houston University's school orchestra. Will execution (and persuasively idiomatic playing style) be a problem? I doubt it. Young musicians' technique is amazing these days. I see John Proffitt responsible for the recording.
The Poulenc Concerto is also included as well as a short "symphony" by Bacri. My go-to recent recording for the Poulenc, scratch that, **not** so recent recording (Good Lord, time flies!!) is Linn's.
Edits: 07/15/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tantalizing new Jongen Sinfonie Concertante! - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:52:13 07/15/17 (7)
- Yes - those are recordings with excellent engineering, . . . - Chris from Lafayette 15:36:34 07/15/17 (6)
- RE: Yes - those are recordings with excellent engineering, . . . - johngladneyproffitt 11:58:02 07/17/17 (5)
- Thanks for the correction, John - I'll be downloading the 24/192 5.0 file(s) later today! [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 12:21:10 07/17/17 (4)
- RE: Thanks for the correction, John - I'll be downloading the 24/192 5.0 file(s) later today! [nt] - johngladneyproffitt 13:38:31 07/17/17 (3)
- If I may ask, what were the seating positions for this recording? - Chris from Lafayette 14:46:48 07/19/17 (2)
- RE: If I may ask, what were the seating positions for this recording? - johngladneyproffitt 16:18:56 07/19/17 (1)
- Ah - Excellent! I just wanted to make sure that what I was hearing was correct - Thanks! [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 08:03:21 07/20/17 (0)