...but have performances and recordings withstood the test of time?
I sampled Cluyten's Una Barque and it was immediately more evocative than Slatkin's.
Of course the crown jewel of any Ravel cycle is the Daphnis. Opinions?
The Ravel is part of a bigger set: Erato has released a big box of Cluyten's mono and stereo releases.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Cluyten's Ravel Cycle available in high resolution. Lps pretty valuable, but... - email@example.com 09:04:07 06/16/17 (17)
- I love his Daphnis et Chloe... - kuma 00:45:22 06/17/17 (9)
- RE: I love his Daphnis et Chloe... - ahendler 12:20:50 06/20/17 (0)
- Thanks, those were the details I was after. Listened to the Roth this morn: still think Munch '54 captures - firstname.lastname@example.org 08:38:36 06/17/17 (0)
- "Not as corny as Leinsdorf" - Would that be Leinsdorf/LAPO? - Chris from Lafayette 01:03:48 06/17/17 (6)
- Leinsdorf's Daphis Suite - Botanico92007 13:08:10 06/20/17 (1)
- I was also thinking of the Steinberg/Pittsburgh recordings on Capitol - Chris from Lafayette 13:44:08 06/20/17 (0)
- Yep. that's the one.... - kuma 17:21:26 06/17/17 (3)
- RE: Cluyten's Ravel Cycle available in high resolution. Lps pretty valuable, but... - srl1 15:00:31 06/16/17 (1)
- And in MQA to boot! - Ivan303 16:32:45 06/16/17 (0)
- I have his whole Ravel set cobbled together on plain old CD's - Chris from Lafayette 09:53:21 06/16/17 (4)
- RE: I have his whole Ravel set cobbled together on plain old CD's - PAR 15:56:13 06/16/17 (3)
- Touché! I've still got to hear that Roth album! [nt] ;-) - Chris from Lafayette 17:56:08 06/16/17 (0)
- Ha ha, but now which Daphnis? BTW is your set original issue? - email@example.com 16:15:27 06/16/17 (1)
- RE: Ha ha, but now which Daphnis? BTW is your set original issue? - PAR 01:17:14 06/17/17 (0)