In Reply to: My fave for the Prokofiev 3 concerto... posted by kuma on June 2, 2017 at 16:32:16:
It's available at HDTT>
Don't get me wrong, I like intensity and bite in Prokofiev too, (Gaffigan's current symphony cycle is too soft-edged for me in those respects), but I also like artists sensitive to the more introspective moments.
I'll definitely be listening to your youtube vid tonight with earbuds and hope like it enough to pick up tape transfer.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Two Substantial New Releases: Prokofiev Piano Concertos and Strauss' Ein Held - firstname.lastname@example.org 08:35:12 06/01/17 (13)
- Gergiev's Strauss? Souds like a torture to me... - kuma 00:36:51 06/02/17 (4)
- RE: Gergiev's Strauss? Souds like a torture to me... - email@example.com 07:37:01 06/02/17 (3)
- RE: Two Substantial New Releases: Prokofiev Piano Concertos and Strauss' Ein Held - srl1 18:01:16 06/01/17 (4)
- Thanks, I like a touch of voluptuousness in Prokofiev, as well as bite - firstname.lastname@example.org 22:05:29 06/01/17 (3)
- Thanks for your positive POV's. I've just read that Gergiev isn't big on depth or sensuality. - email@example.com 10:55:21 06/01/17 (0)
- "His other Munich releases haven't gone over very well" - Chris from Lafayette 09:48:41 06/01/17 (0)
- RE: "Not a big fan of Gergiev" - Ivan303 08:58:10 06/01/17 (0)
- I've been curious about that one - firstname.lastname@example.org 18:44:08 06/02/17 (1)
- Introspective moments.... - kuma 23:02:36 06/02/17 (0)