In Reply to: You're fond of using poetic descriptions ;-) posted by Chris from Lafayette on June 2, 2017 at 08:05:39:
The youtube clip below is set to start at the point to which I was referring. For better or for worse, I can't get Cliburn's delicate playing and Hendl's pacing, balance, (muted trumpet, shimmering strings) and cresc/diminuendi out of my head when listening to other performances.
Love the chord progressions.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Two Substantial New Releases: Prokofiev Piano Concertos and Strauss' Ein Held - email@example.com 08:35:12 06/01/17 (13)
- Gergiev's Strauss? Souds like a torture to me... - kuma 00:36:51 06/02/17 (4)
- RE: Gergiev's Strauss? Souds like a torture to me... - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:37:01 06/02/17 (3)
- RE: Two Substantial New Releases: Prokofiev Piano Concertos and Strauss' Ein Held - srl1 18:01:16 06/01/17 (4)
- Thanks, I like a touch of voluptuousness in Prokofiev, as well as bite - email@example.com 22:05:29 06/01/17 (3)
- Thanks for your positive POV's. I've just read that Gergiev isn't big on depth or sensuality. - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:55:21 06/01/17 (0)
- "His other Munich releases haven't gone over very well" - Chris from Lafayette 09:48:41 06/01/17 (0)
- RE: "Not a big fan of Gergiev" - Ivan303 08:58:10 06/01/17 (0)
- I am. : ) - email@example.com 08:42:30 06/02/17 (1)
- Well, OK - That IS kind of celestial [nt] ;-) - Chris from Lafayette 08:47:18 06/02/17 (0)