The Boston Symphony Orchestra and Andris Nelsons are pleased to announce the release of their latest recordings on BSO Classics
BRAHMS: THE SYMPHONIES
This new BSO Classics release from Andris Nelsons and the Boston Symphony Orchestra was recorded live during concert performances at Symphony Hall this past November.
PRE-ORDER 3-CD SET: $34.99
Compact Disc is now available for pre-order!
Free Shipping on all pre-orders!
CD will begin shipping April 18.
Released on BSO Classics, the Boston Symphony Orchestra's own record label, the recordings are available as a 3-CD set priced at $34.99. The album will also be available as a digital download starting April 18, 2017 priced from $23.99 - $30.99 (depending on format).
The Boston Symphony Orchestra and Andris Nelsons are pleased to announce the release of their latest recordings on BSO Classics-a three-disc set of the four Brahms symphonies, recorded live during concert performances at Symphony Hall this past November, engineered by the same in-house team that produced the BSO's recent Grammy-winning Shostakovich recordings under Maestro Nelsons on Deutsche Grammophon.
This new Brahms symphony cycle follows two others recorded previously by the BSO, under Erich Leinsdorf in the mid-1960s and Bernard Haitink in the early 1990s. "It makes me so proud and happy," observes Andris Nelsons, "that the Boston Symphony Orchestra of today, filled with so many great musicians, will now have its own place in recorded history with this amazing music."
# # #
I have a pre-release set of the CDs that arrived today. I have only listened to #1, but--it is fantastic. Anyone who liked the Wagner/Sibelius BSO Nelsons CD should love this. I will review the whole set on The Tannhauser Gate as soon as possible.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Andris Nelsons BSO Brahms 4 Symphonies on CD and Downloads--Pre-Order Now... - John Marks 18:27:54 04/13/17 (5)
- RE: Andris Nelsons BSO Brahms 4 Symphonies on CD and Downloads--Pre-Order Now... - Jim Treanor 15:16:35 04/18/17 (0)
- Great news--thanks, John! (nt) - Russell 19:07:04 04/13/17 (0)
- NIce! I liked his way with Sibelius, and esp the Boston Symphony's corporate sound. nt - firstname.lastname@example.org 18:48:24 04/13/17 (2)
- Please clarify--the orchestral blend, or... the recorded sound? - John Marks 19:04:52 04/13/17 (1)
- RE: Please clarify--the orchestral blend, or... the recorded sound? - email@example.com 19:18:34 04/13/17 (0)