Home Music Lane

It's all about the music, dude! Sit down, relax and listen to some tunes.

Obsessing about appearance in an audiophile or music forum is weird. but...

Chris isn't the one who actually does that. If that is what you see then you simply aren't looking very carefully. Obsessing over appearances happens plenty on classical music forums, not so much on this forum as other classical music forums. It is wierd but it aint Chris. Chris clearly "obsesses" over the music and parodies mysogyny and other classical music fans' obsession over appearances. But if you are actually paying attention it ought to be obvious that the content of his posts clearly focus on music. The parodies are often just throw aways. Small side bits. They are rarely if ever the focus of his posts. when they are the focus of his posts it is usually in self defense against the angry mob here who either aren't getting it or are getting it and are made uncomfortable by it.

Which leads me to another point. This hoopla over Chris makes me wonder what it is that is *really* bothering folks. If it is mysogyny then, contrary to claims otherwise, folks aren't really getting what Chris is doing AND they are blind to the real instances of mysogyny and obsession over appearances. Which, IMO, is probably better than the opposite, that folks are getting what he is doing and *that* makes them uncomfortable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.