In Reply to: Welcome back! posted by volunteer on July 9, 2017 at 04:49:11:
reaching out to me. Sorry I didn't get back in a timely manner, if at all. Age 60 + is a strange era to me. too many doctors. Too many head games. Too many memories, more good than bad. Missing the good. And on and on.
We have talked a lot about things which, in the scheme of things, weren't really that important. The one thing that did catch me by surprise is your son's death and how recent it was.I recently went to your son's memorial page thru the link in your email. I was surprised to see that he had passed on just prior to the time when we discussed so much stuff of so little value. I had assumed he had passed on many years prior and that you had had the proper time (whatever that is) to deal with it.
My bad. I want to apologize to you if I hurt you in any way in speaking about his death. Even though I would never talk cruel to someone who has gone through the tragedy you have, there is a way that I might talk to someone who has had time to process and get past the cruel hurt which life can bring, that I would not talk to someone who's hurt was fresh as your's was. I may not have had the proper sensitivity of your hurt at that time. For that I am sorry. He sounds like my kind of guy. I can relate to what you have written about him. It is obvious that ha had a big impact on you and I suspect you on him as well.
You paid HOW MUCH for that electrical receptacle?!!! Are YOU nuts?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Been Away For A While. What Has Happened? - artemus 08:22:05 07/08/17 (29)
- RE: Been Away For A While. What Has Happened? - fantja 02:20:21 07/10/17 (1)
- RE: Been Away For A While. What Has Happened? - artemus 06:05:30 07/10/17 (0)
- "Away" For A While. - hifitommy 12:15:05 07/09/17 (0)
- Welcome back! - volunteer 04:49:11 07/09/17 (3)
- Thanks Wendell. FWIW, I do appreciate your - artemus 09:23:20 07/09/17 (2)
- What Has Happened? - E-Stat 18:44:52 07/08/17 (3)
- RE: What Has Happened? - artemus 09:12:30 07/09/17 (2)
- They developed little silver discs ... - reelsmith. 16:30:39 07/08/17 (7)
- BTW. Did anyone ever have an 8 track tape that didn't break? nt - artemus 11:54:37 07/09/17 (1)
- Mine never broke, it just... - reelsmith. 14:08:53 07/09/17 (0)
- LOL. that made me laugh. I'd forgotten how good - artemus 09:06:16 07/09/17 (3)
- RE: LOL. that made me laugh. I'd forgotten how good - Tweaker456 09:33:09 07/09/17 (2)
- RE: LOL. that made me laugh. I'd forgotten how good - artemus 10:18:35 07/09/17 (1)
- RE: LOL. that made me laugh. I'd forgotten how good - Tweaker456 16:24:56 07/09/17 (0)
- excellent post! nt - 3+4=5 17:49:30 07/08/17 (0)
- Less Audio, More Music - Luminator 14:12:50 07/08/17 (1)
- Musically, I have never been an audiophile. I don't listen to - artemus 09:51:32 07/09/17 (0)
- Welcome Back ! - AbeCollins 10:55:54 07/08/17 (7)
- Thanks Abe - artemus 11:22:59 07/08/17 (6)
- RE: Thanks Abe - Sondek 16:50:53 07/08/17 (2)
- RE: Thanks Abe - AbeCollins 15:01:03 07/08/17 (2)
- That's Not Weird - Luminator 15:30:58 07/08/17 (1)
- Fellows. A funny thing happened on my way to tubes - artemus 09:03:40 07/09/17 (0)