Since adding subwoofers to the system, it might require to roll off the low end of the main speaker (example high pass filter at 95hz), this means the main speaker is no longer needed to responsible under 95hz.
Normally my main speaker required 100w tube amplifier for optimum performance to fulfill 87db sensitivity of the main speakers.
As the speaker no needed to handle under 95 cycle once handover to the subwoofer , rumor has it that the main speaker required less power to drive, let's say 25% as used to, this meant at least 25w. Is that really true?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Efficiency of main speakers with subwoofer - Tubenstein 10:16:35 07/04/17 (7)
- Take A Load Off - Inmate51 14:48:43 07/04/17 (0)
- Not necessarily - Dave_K 13:52:36 07/04/17 (2)
- My vote for best answer - Charles Hansen 19:30:47 07/04/17 (1)
- RE: My vote for best answer - Awe-d-o-file 05:27:20 07/05/17 (0)
- Yes... - grantv 12:29:16 07/04/17 (2)