Home General Asylum

General audio topics that don't fit into specific categories.

There's a great little place in New Orleans called Snug Harbor.

They pull this off to a successful degree, and have become well known in the Marigny.
They feature well known NO musicians, most notably from the Marsalis family. Papa Ellis plays there as a regular.

They can do this because it's NO, with its great musical depth. Tulane's music school has Ellis Marsalis as a jazz professor. People seek out NO, with its music festivals as a place to go. Food in NO is thought to be universally great. People seek out NO as a culinary destination.

Even with all that background and context Snug offers drinks and lesser food items at its tables, which all provide views of the stage, main floor and mezzanine, a cozy little place. They are careful to not let the dining interfere with the show.

So to sum, unless you have a context like theirs, which I doubt, stay away from restaurant/performance combos. Focus on either eating with ambient music, or performance with refreshments. Doing both will ruin both.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.