In Reply to: RE: Oh please! ... posted by Inmate51 on June 13, 2017 at 07:17:28:
"We need a bigger house, but I don't know how we'll ever be able to pack all this stuff!".
And I have taken that as an invitation for reply. I know you didn't mean it, but here goes.
Most people have not been in business and do not know how it is. First of all, all costs must be considered and that includes the rent or whatever else service on the building in which you house your items. This can become significant in a one shop brick and mortar. It is like you are paying rent on everything you hope to sell. In fact at high volume places, every inch of shelf space is pretty much auctioned of to the fastest selling items.
But you are paying one way or the other, maybe rent, or possibly debt service on buying the place, not to mention heating, AC and whatever else. And if you a "floorplanned" then there is interest.
Every day you are in business costs you money. And don't think that online stores just get off for free. Sure they do not have to pay the nice looking boys for salesmen, and a few other things, but someone has to still pull and pack that order and get it down to UPS or whatever. that still costs money.
In the final analysis, being online instead of having a B&M does save you a few bucks, but it is not the be all and do all for everything. For one some people like to see and feel what they buy beforehand. (or hear) What's more is that it does not work all that well for food. I like to see and feel every piece of meat before buying it. I avoid buying meat on the street. They always came to the bars and I bought it now and then, but I never thought I got a really good deal. Sure it was half priced but it was only worth half as much.
Edits: 06/14/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - An article from a millenial about the future of many B&M - RGA 17:30:35 06/08/17 (41)
- Millenial follow up video ... - RGA 17:42:24 06/25/17 (0)
- RE: An article from a millenial about the future of many B&M - Bromo33333 07:51:56 06/25/17 (0)
- RE: An article from a millenial about the future of many B&M - Industrial 11:22:29 06/23/17 (2)
- RE: An article from a millenial about the future of many B&M - RGA 06:47:32 06/25/17 (1)
- RE: An article from a millenial about the future of many B&M - Bromo33333 09:13:08 06/25/17 (0)
- It's not a generational thing - Ogsarg 07:59:14 06/18/17 (0)
- Millennial International hehehe.... - JeffH 07:16:42 06/14/17 (0)
- Translation- - Ross 16:40:09 06/11/17 (0)
- RE: An article from a millenial about the future of many B&M - kentaja 04:24:01 06/10/17 (21)
- Oh please! ... - MaxwellP 04:43:31 06/11/17 (12)
- RE: Oh please! ... - BubbaMike 10:52:12 06/11/17 (0)
- RE: Oh please! ... - kentaja 09:30:53 06/11/17 (10)
- RE: Oh please! ... - email@example.com 22:15:04 06/19/17 (0)
- RE: Oh please! ... - Dave_K 09:33:31 06/12/17 (6)
- RE: Oh please! ... - Inmate51 07:17:28 06/13/17 (5)
- Lots of stereotypes in this thread - mlsstl 19:55:36 06/11/17 (0)
- Well... - E-Stat 13:17:23 06/11/17 (0)
- Boomer here. - srdavis2000 15:02:54 06/10/17 (6)
- RE: Boomer here. - kentaja 16:40:41 06/10/17 (5)
- Good post, good perspective, good points... - musetap 08:35:00 06/10/17 (0)
- "Bahama Mama Mucho" out, "Becky with the Good Hair" in, ... - bjh 19:02:06 06/08/17 (0)
- People buy things online... - mkuller 18:39:35 06/08/17 (2)
- Not all boomers are disconnected from - E-Stat 18:08:05 06/08/17 (6)
- RE: Not all boomers are disconnected from - Inmate51 10:47:04 06/10/17 (1)
- Yeah - E-Stat 12:27:59 06/10/17 (0)
- RE: Not all boomers are disconnected from - RGA 01:18:59 06/09/17 (3)
- Is Best Buy really B&M ? ... - reelsmith. 16:14:33 06/10/17 (0)
- Rather like schools/cinema/news agencies/ content broadcasters - jusbe 09:16:22 06/09/17 (1)
- RE: Rather like schools/cinema/news agencies/ content broadcasters - firstname.lastname@example.org 22:12:49 06/19/17 (0)