Home General Asylum

General audio topics that don't fit into specific categories.

Questions about high pass filter and balanced bridge

I have two stereo amplifiers and each of them has input impedance of 50k. The input impedance after balanced bridging should be 25k per monoblock.

First of all, I considered to have them balanced bridging and through the use of double sets of RCA unbalanced cabling feed from the dual outputs of the preamp.

Now I want to use the FMOD crossover for high pass only, obviously I need 2 sets of FMOD crossovers.

My targeted high pass filter for the loudspeakers is between 100 - 150Hz @12db per octave.

Which FMOD crossover should choose? Refer to their website, the actual high pass filter frequency is determined by input impedance of the amplifier. What should I go for?

Keep it in mind, I need 2 sets of unbalanced (RCA) cables and 2 sets of FMOD crossovers due to the "balanced bridging".


This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Questions about high pass filter and balanced bridge - Tube747 09:28:57 06/13/17 (9)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.