Home General Asylum

General audio topics that don't fit into specific categories.

Brand new here. Looking for help on a home theater

Hey guys, I'm brand new here. I read over the rules but I'm an idiot so it's possible i missed something and I'm posting this in the wrong section. So if I am, please forgive me.

Anyway, I just got a new house and I'm looking to set up a home theater from scratch. I'm brand new to this so I have no idea what I'm doing so I'll try and provide as much helpful info as I can.

My room is 14.5ft x 18ft. It's in the basement so I'm thinking a projector but I'm not sure the pros and cons vs a large TV.

I want a large screen which will be displayed on the 18ft wall aka the front to back of the room will be 14.5ft. I put together a preliminary list via some googling and stuff. I don't currently have a budget in mind but I'm open to starting simpler and upgrading later. A lot of items on the list are KEF but I have no brand loyalty I just built something to start with so I came as prepared as I could.

Can anyone offer my tips/advice/build out suggestions for a complete theater?

http://a.co/fXeaspI

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Brand new here. Looking for help on a home theater - DamagePlanX 10:54:03 05/30/17 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.