In Reply to: RE: help! posted by PAR on May 27, 2017 at 03:51:39:
Free Spotify and YouTube have low quality sound ( that 10 pounds a month sub. to Spotify brings much better sound and no ads). .... Other streaming subscriptions are available; if you can afford 20 pounds a month ( I am assuming that it's a big ask here) you can then get full lossless sound from Tidal or Qobuz. Just thought that I would mention it. They also offer a 10 pound subscription which provides the same sound quality as Spotify Premium.
I'm not sure what's available to UK students, but US students pay half of PAR's quoted subscription rates. I'm a very part-time ("super-casual") graduate student, and I discovered that Tidal and Spotify offer 50% discounts to students across all tiers. So, I subscribed to Tidal HiFi for $9.99 per month. And then my life changed.
I would hope(?!) that something similar is available internationally -- from at least one of the services. It will pay to search around.
It's been interesting to watch this thread develop :) Good luck!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - help! - email@example.com 05:53:34 05/26/17 (16)
- RE: help! - ornery 18:56:45 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Kingshead 08:16:08 05/27/17 (2)
- RE: help! - PAR 16:49:22 05/27/17 (1)
- Kingshead, thanks but if you - Kingshead 20:00:23 05/27/17 (0)
- And now for something completely different! - jedrider 08:13:53 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Inmate51 03:27:55 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Bill the K 22:01:56 05/26/17 (0)
- RE: help! - PAR 06:53:39 05/26/17 (8)
- RE: help! - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:06:52 05/26/17 (7)
- RE: help! - PAR 08:59:55 05/26/17 (6)
- RE: help! - email@example.com 12:08:20 05/26/17 (5)Follow Ups
- 50% Student Discounts on Streaming - Jim Hodgson 06:12:08 05/27/17 (1)
- RE: 50% Student Discounts on Streaming - PAR 07:04:50 05/27/17 (0)