In Reply to: RE: help! posted by PAR on May 26, 2017 at 08:59:55:
unfortunately not! my university is in the south of wales and then third year university of London, will make a change from the excessive amount of sheep I suppose.
okay, im trying to take on board everything you have said. So am I right in saying, that if I bought an amplifier and wanted to use my laptop as the source then a DAC is essential?
My original plan was to have my laptop connected to the television via HDMI and then the television connected to an amp via the HDMI ARC to the amps HDMI OUT which would be connected to speakers and sub ect. Then choose the television as the playback device on my laptop and pray it works out and plays the audio, would I also need a DAC for that? and more importantly, would that even work?
I apologise if i come across as ignorant, i'm just very slow at getting my head around this, who knew it involved so much!
I had a vague picture in my head of having an AUNA AV2-H388 amp and then wiring a yamaha ns sw 050 subwoofer along with some Denon SCF109 Speakers. It was then I read somewhere I cant connect powered speakers to an amp and realised I really had no clue so should seek help before buying something that doesn't work!
Again thank you for your advice, I have learnt more here than about 3 weeks of googling haha, much appreciated.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - help! - firstname.lastname@example.org 05:53:34 05/26/17 (16)
- RE: help! - ornery 18:56:45 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Kingshead 08:16:08 05/27/17 (2)
- RE: help! - PAR 16:49:22 05/27/17 (1)
- Kingshead, thanks but if you - Kingshead 20:00:23 05/27/17 (0)
- And now for something completely different! - jedrider 08:13:53 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Inmate51 03:27:55 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Bill the K 22:01:56 05/26/17 (0)
- RE: help! - PAR 06:53:39 05/26/17 (8)
- RE: help! - email@example.com 07:06:52 05/26/17 (7)
- RE: help! - PAR 08:59:55 05/26/17 (6)
- RE: help! - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:08:20 05/26/17 (5)Follow Ups
- RE: help! - email@example.com 12:08:20 05/26/17 (5)