I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me, I am currently planning to buy separates and piece together a sound system that would suit my needs. However, I have no idea where to start.
I have a budget of £500 at the very most due to being a student and having very little available funds. I'm looking to set up a sub woofer, left and right speakers and a centre speaker. I know I need a receiver ect but I honestly cant get to grips with what fits what and goes where. I haven't even thought of what sort of wiring I would need and what connections I have to get.
My music taste does vary from say trap or rap music to indie ect but I want a real deep and tight bass but also a really clear and crisp audio. I did look into buying a pre assembled one such as a Sony 5.1 but after a small bit of research I found that I would get a much better sound quality for my money if I pieced together my own. I did not however expect it to be so complicated.
The only sound system I have owned is a trust GXT 2.1 pc system of which I picked up for around £70 on amazon. I have only read how much of an improvement can be made but I do not see how it could sound different if you know what I mean? so any pointers of what I should expect and look forward too would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the lengthy post but some examples, advice or any direction at all would again be appreciated.
Thank you for reading.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - help! - email@example.com 05:53:34 05/26/17 (16)
- RE: help! - ornery 18:56:45 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Kingshead 08:16:08 05/27/17 (2)
- RE: help! - PAR 16:49:22 05/27/17 (1)
- Kingshead, thanks but if you - Kingshead 20:00:23 05/27/17 (0)
- And now for something completely different! - jedrider 08:13:53 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Inmate51 03:27:55 05/27/17 (0)
- RE: help! - Bill the K 22:01:56 05/26/17 (0)
- RE: help! - PAR 06:53:39 05/26/17 (8)
- RE: help! - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:06:52 05/26/17 (7)
- RE: help! - PAR 08:59:55 05/26/17 (6)
- RE: help! - email@example.com 12:08:20 05/26/17 (5)