In Reply to: Thank, yes, I already have Balena Etcher posted by Feanor on April 10, 2021 at 07:28:37:
While inmate Cut-Throat is right about not needing a 128GB microSD card, perhaps you plan to store your music there as well ??
If Volumio allows you to use the 'excess' space for music storage you'll be in great shape.
Another option might be to create a small partition for Volumio and a separate large partition for music storage on the 128GB card.
And yet another option (and simplest) would be to get another smaller capacity microSD card for Volumio and use the 128GB microSD with a microSD to USB adapter [link below]. You will then be able to plug the 128GB microSD card into a standard USB port on the Raspberry Pi and use it for music storage.
You do use Etcher to burn the Volumio image onto the microSD card. However, I don't know if Etcher allows you to burn to a separate partition on the microSD card. You might have to try creating the partitions ahead of time..... or try the simple option I mentioned above.
Good luck !
Edits: 04/10/21 04/10/21
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - David Lawrence 08:15:01 04/07/21 (33)
- significantly better sound - soundchekk 08:59:53 05/10/21 (0)
- RE: Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - David Lawrence 14:51:38 05/09/21 (0)
- RE: Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - David Lawrence 14:46:39 05/09/21 (0)
- I'm giving in to shaming: will try Raspberry Pi - Feanor 05:10:39 04/10/21 (15)
- RE: I'm giving in to shaming: will try Raspberry Pi - Gary 19:31:42 04/10/21 (1)
- Thanks and we shall see - Feanor 05:36:21 04/11/21 (0)
- RE: I'm giving in to shaming: will try Raspberry Pi - zacster 06:48:10 04/10/21 (6)
- Yes, I will start with a wire network connection - Feanor 07:33:31 04/10/21 (5)
- Volumio is so easy to set up .................... - Cut-Throat 07:56:41 04/10/21 (4)
- Good point, but I won't be using Qoobuz or Tidal anytime soon - Feanor 08:11:11 04/10/21 (3)
- RE: Good point, but I won't be using Qoobuz or Tidal anytime soon - Cut-Throat 09:45:05 04/10/21 (2)
- I believe that: my Synology is pretty slow as it is -nt - Feanor 10:22:26 04/10/21 (1)
- High processing power is not the key - E-Stat 15:24:41 04/10/21 (0)
- RE: I'm giving in to shaming: will try Raspberry Pi - Cut-Throat 06:18:40 04/10/21 (5)
- Great, thanks for that reassurance - Feanor 06:29:38 04/10/21 (4)
- RE: Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - zacster 13:08:49 04/08/21 (0)
- RE: Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - Roseval 01:55:59 04/08/21 (0)
- RE: Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - Cut-Throat 09:27:38 04/07/21 (11)
- RE: Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - sleeper 19:47:08 04/09/21 (1)
- RE: Revisiting Computer versus Streamer - Cut-Throat 22:45:52 04/09/21 (0)
- I haven't found a compelling reason to go Rpi streamer - Feanor 10:16:17 04/07/21 (8)
- Just ditching Foobar is enough improvement in sound nt. - Dawnrazor 21:18:00 04/24/21 (0)
- Pi to DAC usually beats computer to DAC... - Ivan303 06:11:09 04/09/21 (0)
- Just unnecessarily expensive and complicated -nt - E-Stat 19:56:06 04/07/21 (0)
- And you probably won't unless you try it .................. - Cut-Throat 10:22:12 04/07/21 (4)
- I'm not averse to trying new things in general - Feanor 06:55:09 04/08/21 (3)
- Yup, most always a 'learning curve', when trying something new ........... - Cut-Throat 07:38:22 04/08/21 (2)Follow Ups
- RE: Thank, yes, I already have Balena Etcher - AbeCollins 09:12:34 04/10/21 (1)
- Good suggestions, thanks -nt - Feanor 10:24:21 04/10/21 (0)