In Reply to: RE: Dealing with an emergency posted by svisner on December 17, 2020 at 10:39:03:
Look clean but are they really? Not trying to be a PITA, but I've gone through this myself recently. I bought a can of Deoxit to clean the sockets and it solved the problem. And as a side benefit, everything sounded better too.
There was a thread on either the tube forum or the DIY tube forum just below where Jim McShane chimed in saying that was where most issues are. He should know, he's the one selling the tubes and even he believes new tubes are frequently not necessary.
That isn't to say that it couldn't be a bad tube but they last a lot longer than you think in a stable environment.
And one more thing, I'd have sent you a 6922 from my stash just to try it. Oh well. You could also try a 6N6P, not a direct replacement but they work and are very cheap.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Dealing with an emergency - svisner 15:55:38 12/16/20 (9)
- RE: Dealing with an emergency - Story 13:34:59 12/17/20 (2)
- RE: Dealing with an emergency - svisner 11:50:54 12/29/20 (0)
- RE: Dealing with an emergency - svisner 19:11:46 12/17/20 (0)
- RE: Dealing with an emergency - zacster 18:19:23 12/16/20 (5)
- RE: Dealing with an emergency - svisner 10:39:03 12/17/20 (4)