Home Digital Drive

Upsamplers, DACs, jitter, shakes and analogue withdrawals, this is it.

This is a stupid question about a power cord for a CD player

(The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask?)

I ordered a "scratch & dent" CD player & it came today & I opened the box: no owners manual & no power cord. The male AC in is a 2 prong inlet (no ground). The male end of the power cord off of my old DAC fits the receptacle. But the power cord off of that DAC is set up with a the middle ground. I cannot see why this would be at all problematic until I get the right power cord, but I have thought that before & wound up screwing stuff up.

(I realize that I could put an adapter in between the AC outlet in the wall & the male end of the power cord, but there is really no reason that I should need to do that, is there?)

I apologize for this question if it is completely stupid, & first thing in the morning I am calling the vendor up & telling them that A) I need a power cord & B) asking them what I just asked here, but if I get a salesman who doesn't know & tells me, "Of course it's okay," & I find out the hard way it isn't & the salesman denies that he ever told me that . . .

Thanks, & I apologize again.

Edits: 08/12/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - This is a stupid question about a power cord for a CD player - immatthewj 22:00:14 08/12/20 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.