Home Digital Drive

Upsamplers, DACs, jitter, shakes and analogue withdrawals, this is it.

RE: Schiit BiFrost with Multibit

Yes, all the Bitfrost have the same chassis, and as far as I know all came with usb. But for some reason this one doesn't include the usb input -behind that seal there's just a hole. I guess the usb board broke down and they just covered it with an official-looking sticker... In any case, not a good sign. I can always get a second hand but complete unit for $380. But that's over 140 bucks over the price of the Dac-It. Hence my doubt...
I've found a couple of head to head comparisons between the two, and the opinions are pretty much coincidental: everybody agrees the Dac-It sounds much better than the standard version of the Bitfrost, but the upgraded Bitfrost (the one I'm looking at) gets a slight upper hand (often described as "warmer sound"). What to do?!
What makes it worse is that I live in Argentina -where a second hand price for any of these would be around u$1000 (not kidding) and it's virtually impossible to have it shipped from abroad. I'm going to USA for some days, so I need to do a thorough homework beforehand.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Take Five Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.