I'm looking for help with finding and selecting a DAC around/under $200... portable or desktop/home size, new/used, to use with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and thus Android OS. I use streaming apps and some files on phone.
Broadly speaking, I'm looking for something that will have similar output volume of a CD player so there's not such a huge volume change when I switch between the 2.
I'd prefer a DAC that's sound has more musical, warm, fluid characteristics, if possible in/near budget is also a large, airy, 3D soundstage with solid, detailed instrument presentation within music. But I know you usually don't get everything you want.
Ideally it has own power supply, namely a power cord but a long lasting battery (no idea if any last around 16+ hours of use with couple days+ of standby or not)
Or if possibly a sound enhancing headphone/preamp might be better suited and which of those would fit the bill.
Prefer either USB Input (that works with Android OS and Samsung Galaxy Note 4) with 3.5mm / 1/8" Output. Or RCA F Input with RCA M Output direct hookup to Amps RCA F Input, or RCA F Input with a standard RCA F Output for RCA IC Output to Amp.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - DAC under $200 for Samsung Note 4 - jmunky3 20:29:37 07/12/17 (15)
- ZuperDAC - bquisp 13:29:42 07/17/17 (1)
- RE: ZuperDAC - jmunky3 13:37:05 07/19/17 (0)
- RE: DAC under $200 for Samsung Note 4 - John Elison 21:53:27 07/13/17 (3)
- Would this equal or better the Dragonfly Red? (nt) - Vinyl Valet 08:49:26 07/16/17 (2)
- RE: DAC under $200 for Samsung Note 4 - PAR 02:17:55 07/13/17 (8)
- Dragonfly Red on my Galaxy Tab A - srl1 19:54:52 07/13/17 (1)
- RE: Dragonfly Red on my Galaxy Tab A - jmunky3 14:14:30 07/19/17 (0)
- RE: DAC under $200 for Samsung Note 4 - jmunky3 04:20:15 07/13/17 (5)
- Did you finish your posting? - PAR 09:43:55 07/13/17 (4)