In Reply to: RE: Yes, but the OP still won't save... posted by email@example.com on June 23, 2017 at 06:44:36:
Tidal isn't based in the USA. It is Norwegian/Swedish (Aspiro AB), with American owners though.
US sales tax I believe is a state not federal tax. However I am unaware of any state charging 20%, the average EU imposition. Of course I am happy to give way to any better advice. I don't know how the mechanism works for collecting such tax in the USA on internet purchases.
Yes EU citizens also have to pay VAT but the euro/gbp exchange is now too close post the Brexit vote for it make any significant difference in relative values of the subscription given the real exchange rate offered in retail banking(not the interbank rate which is used in most exchange rate calculators on the Web).
As for tax charged upon small items imported into the UK from non-EU states both duty and VAT are payable on goods with a value of over 15 gbp. Does that apply to services? Don't know. It could be argued that an audio streaming service of commerical recordings is actually a form of the supply of goods in any case. It isn't of the same nature as a service such as professional advice or financial management.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tidal Subscription Rate - firstname.lastname@example.org 16:00:13 06/22/17 (10)
- RE: Tidal Subscription Rate - jazz1 23:15:29 06/22/17 (0)
- RE: Tidal Subscription Rate - PAR 17:09:15 06/22/17 (8)
- "You could try using a VPN but the monthly cost of this will outweigh the saving" - Chris from Lafayette 19:13:07 06/22/17 (7)
- Yes, but the OP still won't save... - PAR 03:04:42 06/23/17 (6)
- RE: Yes, but the OP still won't save... - email@example.com 05:28:13 06/23/17 (5)
- RE: Yes, but the OP still won't save... - PAR 05:48:26 06/23/17 (4)