In Reply to: RE: Yes, but the OP still won't save... posted by PAR on June 23, 2017 at 05:48:26:
> What we should be paying in the UK is 18.86 gbp at the current USD:GBP exchange rate. Why? Because we also have to pay VAT.
I wonder if VAT is applicable on small purchases from the US where Tidal is based. We can import small value tangible items from HK, US, etc without VAT - I wonder if the same applies to services.
And don't EU citizens also have to pay VAT and US citizens Sales Tax (probably not)? Whichever way you look at it, UK citizens pay appreciably more for streaming services (it's not only Tidal) than others.
Edits: 06/23/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tidal Subscription Rate - email@example.com 16:00:13 06/22/17 (10)
- RE: Tidal Subscription Rate - jazz1 23:15:29 06/22/17 (0)
- RE: Tidal Subscription Rate - PAR 17:09:15 06/22/17 (8)
- "You could try using a VPN but the monthly cost of this will outweigh the saving" - Chris from Lafayette 19:13:07 06/22/17 (7)
- Yes, but the OP still won't save... - PAR 03:04:42 06/23/17 (6)
- RE: Yes, but the OP still won't save... - firstname.lastname@example.org 05:28:13 06/23/17 (5)
- RE: Yes, but the OP still won't save... - PAR 05:48:26 06/23/17 (4)Follow Ups