Home Digital Drive

Upsamplers, DACs, jitter, shakes and analogue withdrawals, this is it.

RE: MQA vs HDCD

Kal, in MQA discussions I have asked numerous times if anybody was aware of any identical files, with one using MQA. This the first I have heard of the 2L. It is not a label I normally visit. There is at least one 2L file that I have seen on Tidal and the content was of no interest.

So, no I haven't heard the comparison. I have heard enough of the partially unfolded on Tidal. The 24/192 and DSD files I have heard, both DSD into my Benchmark and converted to 24/176 played through the Lindemann 825 are the best digital I have heard. Yes it is an opinion[I personally believe], as I am using two different players, Tidal's own that I find to vary, better late at night, which I think might have to do with fewer people tapping their resources. Not even an opinion, just speculation. As to the hi-rez files those are being played on JRiver 21. And that could be that I am being influenced by JRiver which I find to be the better player. And that comparison is also based on apples and oranges.

Are you sure that the 2Ls are the same other than one being MQA processed?

I'm not sure what you mean by the rest of my post? I stated an opinion and then went back to talking about HDCD filters.

Seeing as you are aware of these 2L tracks, I am assuming that you have done the comparisons, what is your opinion? I personally can't do a true comparison as I don't own a MQA equipped DAC.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: MQA vs HDCD - Jeff Starr 10:52:20 06/11/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.