In Reply to: Need more information posted by Charles Hansen on May 17, 2017 at 17:29:38:
The display shows normal operation.
Shows all the track, runs just like it should and shows the time 'ticking away' just if it played music.
I don't think it is the power supply itself, that is just a very simple transformer, though I have not checked the zenors on the main board.
I have read online about another Cambridge Audio CD player, but another model. There it turned out a resistor in front of the mute relay had gone bad. I have one relay in my CD player, checked many resistors around that area and all show resistance.
So I am thinking about going into town and trying to find a mute relay.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - No sound from CD player - Capt. Z 10:55:32 05/17/17 (19)
- RE: No sound from CD player - mcondo 05:22:40 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: No sound from CD player - Capt. Z 10:00:01 05/18/17 (2)
- See that white wide ribbon cable connector? unplug and put back on... - 3+4=5 10:22:47 05/19/17 (1)
- RE: See that white wide ribbon cable connector? unplug and put back on... - Capt. Z 14:43:08 05/19/17 (0)
- Take the cover off. LOOK and see "is the CD spinning"? - 3+4=5 18:31:23 05/17/17 (2)
- RE: Take the cover off. LOOK and see "is the CD spinning"? - Capt. Z 23:44:32 05/17/17 (1)
- if the machine data display says it IS playing... mute button? - 3+4=5 16:30:22 05/18/17 (0)
- Need more information - Charles Hansen 17:29:38 05/17/17 (3)
- RE: Need more information - Capt. Z 23:43:13 05/17/17 (2)
- Assume you cycled the power of the player itself, to "reboot" it? NT - marc g. 14:42:16 05/17/17 (7)
- RE: Assume you cycled the power of the player itself, to "reboot" it? NT - Capt. Z 14:47:15 05/17/17 (6)
- Yes, also... - marc g. 15:43:50 05/17/17 (5)
- RE: Yes, also... - Capt. Z 15:53:00 05/17/17 (4)
- How about trying the mute button on the remote? - marc g. 16:47:15 05/17/17 (3)
- RE: How about trying the mute button on the remote? - Capt. Z 16:54:15 05/17/17 (2)