In Reply to: Exasound e38 DAC - I'm not a happy camper posted by Chris from Lafayette on May 17, 2017 at 17:45:10:
Call George, describe your set-up in detail.
He should be able to help.
I had no problem with the ASIO in 2ch, Exa E20/22.
My tube system has hum that I have to put my ear right on the speaker grill to hear, none on SS System.
Is there a dimmer on your circuit?
Good Luck, don't give up before talking to George.
Would a Multi Ch Amp have less prospect of ground loop than mixing amps/int amps?
I have no hands on experience with a system like yours.
Edits: 05/17/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Exasound e38 DAC - I'm not a happy camper - Chris from Lafayette 17:45:10 05/17/17 (28)
- RE: Exasound e38 DAC - I'm not a happy camper - stereo5 09:14:14 05/21/17 (8)
- RE: Exasound e38 DAC - Kal Rubinson 10:14:49 05/21/17 (6)
- And SOME problems I mentioned were clearly on the HQ Player side, not the exaSound side [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 11:22:36 05/21/17 (5)
- HQPlayer - Kal Rubinson 12:31:10 05/21/17 (4)
- But Audirvana does not support ASIO - Chris from Lafayette 17:15:42 05/21/17 (3)
- That's unfortunate. (NT) - Kal Rubinson 18:50:03 05/21/17 (2)
- Really - I've used HQ Player for awhile and I'm fine with it [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 22:40:17 05/21/17 (1)
- Fine. - Kal Rubinson 05:42:23 05/22/17 (0)
- But see my post below - main problems are solved now [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 10:02:27 05/21/17 (0)
- OK! - Couple of breakthroughs in the last couple of days - Chris from Lafayette 17:13:45 05/20/17 (2)
- RE: OK! - Couple of breakthroughs in the last couple of days - oldmkvi 08:14:44 05/21/17 (0)
- Downloaded the Fischer/BFO Mahler 3 in DXD - no problems so far [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 20:20:45 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Exasound e38 DAC - I'm not a happy camper - Todd Krieger 09:45:58 05/19/17 (3)
- Well, fortunately, they do have a 30-day money-back guarantee - Chris from Lafayette 12:15:45 05/19/17 (2)
- RE: Well, fortunately, they do have a 30-day money-back guarantee - Kal Rubinson 18:14:41 05/19/17 (1)
- So I'm told! [nt] ;-) - Chris from Lafayette 06:17:30 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Exasound e38 DAC - I'm not a happy camper - oldmkvi 07:10:04 05/19/17 (3)
- Yes - you have to choose it in two places. . . - Chris from Lafayette 08:40:58 05/19/17 (2)
- RE: Exasound e38 DAC - I'm not a happy camper - oldmkvi 19:28:07 05/17/17 (2)
- Thanks - will do! [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 20:35:24 05/17/17 (1)
- Yes. Contact exa. - Kal Rubinson 08:57:16 05/18/17 (0)
- RE: Exasound e38 DAC - I'm not a happy camper - ahendler 18:20:06 05/17/17 (4)
- Thanks, Alan - I understand about the cables - Chris from Lafayette 20:36:00 05/17/17 (3)