In Reply to: No sound from CD player posted by Capt. Z on May 17, 2017 at 10:55:32:
What does the display say when you close the drawer? If you just close it, it should read the Table of Contents and then display the total number of tracks and the total time on the disc. If you press "Play" it should display track "1" and also begin counting elapsed time.
If these things are not happening, the most likely problem is a laser failure. If these things are happening but with no sound, then there may be a problem in the electronics - often the power supply.
One can usually hear mechanical activity from inside after the drawer closes. Sometimes it helps to press one ear on the top cover. Good luck!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - No sound from CD player - Capt. Z 10:55:32 05/17/17 (19)
- RE: No sound from CD player - mcondo 05:22:40 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: No sound from CD player - Capt. Z 10:00:01 05/18/17 (2)
- See that white wide ribbon cable connector? unplug and put back on... - 3+4=5 10:22:47 05/19/17 (1)
- RE: See that white wide ribbon cable connector? unplug and put back on... - Capt. Z 14:43:08 05/19/17 (0)
- Take the cover off. LOOK and see "is the CD spinning"? - 3+4=5 18:31:23 05/17/17 (2)
- RE: Take the cover off. LOOK and see "is the CD spinning"? - Capt. Z 23:44:32 05/17/17 (1)
- if the machine data display says it IS playing... mute button? - 3+4=5 16:30:22 05/18/17 (0)
- Need more information - Charles Hansen 17:29:38 05/17/17 (3)
- RE: Need more information - Capt. Z 23:43:13 05/17/17 (2)
- Assume you cycled the power of the player itself, to "reboot" it? NT - marc g. 14:42:16 05/17/17 (7)
- RE: Assume you cycled the power of the player itself, to "reboot" it? NT - Capt. Z 14:47:15 05/17/17 (6)
- Yes, also... - marc g. 15:43:50 05/17/17 (5)
- RE: Yes, also... - Capt. Z 15:53:00 05/17/17 (4)
- How about trying the mute button on the remote? - marc g. 16:47:15 05/17/17 (3)
- RE: How about trying the mute button on the remote? - Capt. Z 16:54:15 05/17/17 (2)