In Reply to: RE: Trying to avoid PC anything posted by ozzyboy on May 13, 2017 at 15:19:24:
Never sure about the Bryston. I'm sure it does what it's designed to do very well, but does it do all you want it to?
I have the NAD M12 that is in effect a digital and analogue preamp and DAC plus (with a board added) a BluOS streamer. I'm very pleased with it.
My music is stored on a RipNAS - combined ripper and NAS. I've had this for some years and the hard drives are nearly full.
I'd like a single box that rips, stores the ripped files, but also plays CDs without ripping them first. Friends' CDs for example, that I may not want to keep. There's not much out there, but NAD has just come up with such a box - the M50.2. The trouble with that is that it duplicates much of the M12 and this has rendered it substantially over-priced.
Everything on the M12 is there (fewer inputs) except the all-important DAC and IR remote. If it included these I'd sell the M12 and all would be rosy, but that's not possible. A cut-down version of M50.2 (rip, store, play only) would suit M12 owners, or add the DAC and remote and we'd have a great one-box device that will directly feed a power amp.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Playing files from a hard drive - ppopp 08:47:29 05/11/17 (23)
- RE: Playing files from a hard drive - Old SteveA 11:45:02 05/14/17 (6)
- erm buy another 'puter? - bare 09:52:47 05/17/17 (1)
- I wish to play music without a computer in the chain. - ppopp 10:22:22 05/17/17 (0)
- RE: Playing files from a hard drive - AbeCollins 05:30:48 05/16/17 (3)
- Auralic Aries - bullethead 06:23:56 05/13/17 (0)
- RE: Playing files from a hard drive - mlsstl 19:58:26 05/12/17 (3)
- Nothing in particular, just time to move on. - ppopp 20:13:01 05/12/17 (2)
- Denon HEOS Link - kh6idf 18:47:01 05/12/17 (0)
- RE: Playing files from a hard drive - PAR 16:57:07 05/11/17 (6)
- Trying to avoid PC anything - ppopp 20:11:53 05/12/17 (5)
- RE: Trying to avoid PC anything - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:31:40 05/13/17 (4)
- Raspberry Pi for around $100.........nt - Cut-Throat 09:53:28 05/11/17 (2)
- How can this be integrated into an audio system without a computer? - ppopp 10:18:30 05/17/17 (1)
- RE: How can this be integrated into an audio system without a computer? - Cut-Throat 08:36:50 05/22/17 (0)
- RE: Trying to avoid PC anything - email@example.com 11:07:30 05/14/17 (0)