Home Digital Drive

Upsamplers, DACs, jitter, shakes and analogue withdrawals, this is it.

RE: First foray into streaming

You will need the Node 2 either way if you intend to play anything through your system. At least that is the easiest way to do so. The Node 2 can be connected directly to an open RCA jack on an existing preamp or integrated amplifier. The cables to make that connection come with the Node 2.

If you are using an integrated that does not have a DAC you really don't need one. An integrated will work fine to stream CD quality music from Tidal - again, provided you have an available RCA input on your integrated. In my case, I'm doing exactly that with my preamp.

The DAC would be used if you want to stream any of the hi resolution content from Tidal, which is not a huge amount, right now the catalog of MQA songs. Again, depending on your system, a DAC might improve the sonics some but that would be something you'd have to decide for yourself. As to which one, there are quite a few. The Audio Quest Dragonfly is less than $200.00 and it has been highly praised since its inception. If you have a dealer close by, I'd recommend checking with them so you can hear some various components which is always the best way to go.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: First foray into streaming - Paul Wilson 12:07:20 04/15/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.