Home Digital Drive

Upsamplers, DACs, jitter, shakes and analogue withdrawals, this is it.

This can be a litmus test for how neutral a system really is....

This actually isn't a tweak.

It's more a remedy for a design problem which their engineers hadn't had a clue about.

I reported it to the design team in japan. At first they revert back saying such issue shouldn't be happening. 6 months later they admitted they were wrong. By then it wss too late to do anything with the successor model, the scd-9000es.

But when it came to the time to create the scd-xa5400es, they took my recommendation into consideration, and replaced the software-based mch/2ch toggle function with a physical switch. That helped to resolve the issue - they never did explained why, but somehow putting the player in mch mode using software based control settings creates an extra load on the power supply that could have subsequently affected either the dac or analogue section.

The problem is inherent in all their mch players.

But some audio systems might not be able to reveal the full extend of the sonic differences. Their owners ough to revisit the setup to check what could be causing the bottleneck.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.