In Reply to: RE: Phase or Filter? posted by knewton on March 3, 2017 at 09:46:10:
Well, it just could be that the two (probably both single bit implementations, but from different eras) have a different digital filter and some DACs give you a choice (but I have none and do wonder whether I really need a DAC that will give me that flexibility).
Or, it could be something else? The phase, possibly. The headphone amplifier, well, maybe, and I've noticed that when I switch cables, I may prefer one headphone amplifier over another. Could be phase again.
Damn, I need a pre-amp that will allow me to select phase, then.
Anyway, the difference between the two setups I have now is pretty stark, that I won't listen to the CD played back on the wrong setup. It is that different. I will utterly enjoy the listening session with the right playback setup.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Phase or Filter? - jedrider 09:33:13 03/03/17 (12)
- RE: Phase or Filter? - fantja 13:05:21 03/03/17 (1)
- RE: Phase or Filter? - jedrider 13:45:35 03/03/17 (0)
- RE: Phase or Filter? - fmak 11:16:47 03/03/17 (2)
- RE: Phase or Filter? - jedrider 11:45:36 03/03/17 (1)
- RE: Phase or Filter?level - fmak 11:13:22 03/04/17 (0)
- RE: Phase or Filter? - knewton 09:46:10 03/03/17 (6)
- RE: Phase or Filter? - jedrider 09:56:58 03/03/17 (5)Follow Ups
- RE: Phase or Filter? - jedrider 09:56:58 03/03/17 (5)