You may have read the "Digital Shootout", and the new revised version, on Arthur Salvatore's website where he purports to review audio equipment. This "Shootout", and by extension everything on his website is corrupt, useless information.
Why? Because the "Shootout", written by his anonymous "associate" turns out to be none other than Israel Blume of Coincident Technology loudspeakers. There are several problems with this. First of all, Israel Blume is a lying sack of shit (I will go into this in more detail later). Second, it is absolutely ridiculous that a manufacturer is anonymously reviewing other equipment. (Can you imagine if I were reviewing equipment for Stereophile under a pen-name?) Third, and most ironic, is Salvatore's claim that the magazines are corrupt and *his* webzine is the only reliable source of information.
Take a look at his "journalistic code of ethics" (linked below). Here are some excerpts:
*Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
*Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity or damage credibility.
It would appear to me that Salvatore and Blume have quite a cozy relationship. Blume uses his status as a manufacturer to purchase gear from other manufacturers at accommodation prices. Then he "reviews" them and re-sells them on Audiogon for a profit. (Does he share the proceeds with Salvatore?)
In the meantime, Salvatore's "reference" speakers and cables are Coincident Victory II Speakers and Coincident "Extreme" Interconnect and Speaker Cables. Does Salvatore get a kickback from Blume on these products?
This is some of the most disgusting stuff I've ever even heard of, and I've been a professional in audio for over 20 years.
More to come...
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Salvatore is a slimy, hypocritical weasel and Israel Blume (Coincident Speakers) is a lying sack of manure. - Charles Hansen 09:24:36 10/27/07 (27)
- Charlie, you're giving him more free publicity here... - mkuller 14:04:01 10/27/07 (0)
- Paranoid and Ignorant Trash - Arthur Salvatore 12:59:33 10/27/07 (4)
- Did you, or did you not, publish a "shootout" written by someone who had a personal dispute.... - racerguy 14:39:12 10/27/07 (1)
- could you show the link - dts 14:44:09 10/27/07 (0)
- You've said it your self....... - Alex Peychev 13:29:54 10/27/07 (0)
- RE: Paranoid and Ignorant Trash - Charles Hansen 13:24:28 10/27/07 (0)
- RE: Salvatore is a slimy, hypocritical weasel and Israel Blume (Coincident Speakers) is a lying sack of manure. - Israel Blume 12:42:04 10/27/07 (2)
- WOW!....... - Alex Peychev 13:21:10 10/27/07 (0)
- Go ahead and make my day. - Charles Hansen 12:44:41 10/27/07 (0)
- But there is more you are overlooking........... - Alex Peychev 11:37:55 10/27/07 (12)
- A clarification - Charles Hansen 11:57:03 10/27/07 (11)
- RE: A clarification - Israel Blume 13:38:57 10/27/07 (1)
- Once you start with the lies, it becomes hard to stop, eh? - Charles Hansen 14:00:22 10/27/07 (0)
- Charles, More audiophiles should know about the cozy relationship between Salvatore and Blume. Perhaps... - puremusic 12:55:07 10/27/07 (1)
- RE: Charles, More audiophiles should know about the cozy relationship between Salvatore and Blume. Perhaps... - Charles Hansen 13:44:52 10/27/07 (0)
- "We sent him a new player, and he returned us a used player"...... - Alex Peychev 12:30:26 10/27/07 (1)
- RE: "We sent him a new player, and he returned us a used player"...... - Charles Hansen 12:40:21 10/27/07 (0)
- RE: A clarification - Ron 12:11:51 10/27/07 (4)
- Here's why he so angry... - mkuller 14:01:24 10/27/07 (0)
- Remember, he agreed to not resell it for at least one year.nt - email@example.com 12:30:59 10/27/07 (0)
- RE: A clarification - Charles Hansen 12:30:43 10/27/07 (1)
- RE: A clarification - sentinel90125 13:14:19 10/27/07 (0)
- Seems like the "Digital Shootout" did hit the raw nerve of some..., eh? - porky_pig_jr 11:31:31 10/27/07 (1)
- RE: Seems like the "Digital Shootout" did hit the raw nerve of some..., eh? - Charles Hansen 12:06:23 10/27/07 (0)
- Charles, tell us how you really feel :) and, more - Wendell Narrod 11:24:47 10/27/07 (0)
- So...the secrecy was a cover for a cozy relationship. nt - puremusic 11:13:53 10/27/07 (0)
- Salvatore's "reference" speakers - Metralla 10:52:32 10/27/07 (0)