Home Cable Asylum

Interconnects, speaker wire, power cords. Ask the Cable Guys.

New Black Mamba Power cables

Several weeks ago I inquired about new power cables for the digital part of my system. On the recommendation of Sondex and others I ended up getting the parts for 2 one meter Black Mamba cables for my dac and cd transport and one already made 1.8 meter Black Mamba for my preamp. Making the cables was easy and fun. The first cable I installed in my new Jays audio transport. I could tell an improvement in the midrange and bass. However the transport is brand new and not broke in yet and sounded great even with the stock cable. Next I received the 1.8 meter cable which I put in the preamp. Again better bass, midrange. The most dramatic change was when I put the last diy one meter cable in the dac. A dramatic improvement. The whole presentation sounds fuller.

Here is an indicator of the changes. My wife and I have similar tastes in music,but occasionally she plays a cd I don't care for. One of these is by a group called The Slackers. I considered their music "ska lite" and I was not impressed with them in general. With the new changes I actually enjoyed listening to them. I got more into the music and realized they are pretty decent muscians.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - New Black Mamba Power cables - Kim S. 04:29:01 03/02/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.