Home Cable Asylum

Interconnects, speaker wire, power cords. Ask the Cable Guys.

RE: Viborg Cable and Termination-Some Info & a Question

Never used the Viborg branded cable. For cables I would prefer to buy from 'known and reputable' sellers as there are a very large amount of fakes out there.

However I did buy a pair of Viborg connectors from Amazon - the rhodium plated version. Compared to the Furutech and Wattgate ones I have they appear to be fine. Made a power cord using Furutech cable w/out issues. Plugging into outlet and equipment was 'sufficiently' tight. Material-wise you get what you pay for - the housing and other hardware, while fine, is not as hefty as pricier brands. Those housings themselves are a bit smaller than say my Furutech ones. The housing in metal or carbon fiber/etc. are just for looks.

As for bare copper vs. rhodium or gold plating - the gold or rhodium are only for anti-oxidation, anti-tarnish properties. Conductivity wise copper is a much better conductor, only to be bettered by silver (but silver oxidizes very quickly/readily w/out additional coating). Metal oxides are poorer conductors compared to the base metal. However the plated rhodium or gold is very thin and does not impede current.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.