In Reply to: RE: power cord trick posted by bcowen on July 8, 2017 at 07:09:25:
Image: Radio Shack 270-0739 Surface Mount Fuse Holders
I think the stock Furutech IEC inlet for the Furutech e-TP60 is their entry level model. It sounds similar to a nickel plated brass IEC inlet but without the sonic signature of nickel involved. Essentially a warmer sound with more natural image outlines that's quite easy to identify as being comparatively beneficial. Obviously better sounding than a nickel plated IEC inlet, IME.
I would expect the effort you put into the upgrade was worthwhile, bcowen. The Furutech FI-06(G) features pure copper contacts, so it may be a superior sounding design vs. the Furutech FI-10(G) featuring copper alloy contacts (phosphor bronze, IIRC), but not necessarily. Pure copper vs. phosphor bronze (and brass for that matter) can be selected for unique sonic signatures that some might find more satisfactory for any given application.
BTW, I found this NOS Radio Shack surface-mount fuse holder (shown above) that looks to be perfect for my Furutech FI-10(G) IEC inlet installation project. The solder tabs and small footprint are perfect for the task. I'll simply adhere the plastic base to the side of the enclosure with silicone adhesive and be done with it.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - power cord trick - waterfall 06:43:48 07/04/17 (19)
- My conclusions about better PC on my conditioners... - 3+4=5 10:12:09 07/05/17 (1)
- RE: My conclusions about better PC on my conditioners... - waterfall 10:48:20 07/05/17 (0)
- power cord trick - PingPing 22:10:44 07/04/17 (0)
- RE: power cord trick - The Dill 10:37:16 07/04/17 (0)
- RE: power cord trick - janis 09:05:56 07/04/17 (2)
- RE: power cord trick - waterfall 10:06:34 07/04/17 (1)
- What conditioner? - hawkmoon 06:32:36 07/05/17 (0)
- RE: power cord trick - bcowen 08:01:07 07/04/17 (11)
- RE: power cord trick - Duster 14:03:13 07/05/17 (10)
- RE: power cord trick - bcowen 06:37:53 07/08/17 (1)
- RE: power cord trick - Duster 12:10:06 07/08/17 (0)
- RE: power cord trick - Duster 21:06:14 07/07/17 (7)
- RE: power cord trick - bcowen 07:09:25 07/08/17 (6)
- RE: power cord trick - Duster 16:10:55 07/08/17 (5)Follow Ups
- RE: power cord trick - Duster 16:10:55 07/08/17 (5)