Home Cable Asylum

Interconnects, speaker wire, power cords. Ask the Cable Guys.

RE: Neutral Cable Passion I USB Cable Impressions

I've had several extended listening sessions this week with the USB Passion I and have finally come to terms with how the cable sounds in my system. It was not easy. Simply put, I've struggled trying to assign conventional characteristics (warm, soft, smooth, bloated, brash, etc.) to the sound of this cable before finally deciding none of them worked. This cable has less 'sound' than any i've had experience with. It seems to pass information without adding or subtracting anything of consequence to the mix. Since there's no "perfect" cable, I'm sure it editorializes to some extent but I've been unable to discern it in my system.

In short, as far as I'm concerned, you selected the right name...-"Neutral Cable". The only negative in my system is the stiffness of the cable. In the length I chose, (.8 meter) it's difficult to keep my microRendu in place but securing it to a small piece of granite took care of that. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied with the performance of the USB Passion I...-it's a keeper.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.