In Reply to: totally agreed... posted by paco on April 14, 2017 at 02:00:49:
So you're the guy whose review I'd read ! Nice job !
I'm not so sure, however, that it's actually a little more dynamics that you're hearing (in terms of bass & detail)if it's not as "Musical or Organic sounding" as what the presentation is from the HDC. More than likely,most of us are so used to hearing digitally recorded music presented a certain way we assume certain sound characteristics as being the "true" characteristic of the recorded music.
The longer we've been away from listening to Analog music the less we recognize the slight(or not so slight) artifacts of Digital sound.
So I need to get a set(or two) of the Analog ICs, Huh ? That sounds like a good plan. Have you had any experience with the Black Discus or Tubes (Which I'm thinking of trying on the speaker cables of my Maggie 2.7QRs) ?
Thanks for the input,
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Mad Scientist Audio / HDC - Old SteveA 14:45:57 04/13/17 (8)
- RE: Mad Scientist Audio / HDC - double28 08:23:33 04/18/17 (2)
- RE: Mad Scientist Audio / HDC - Old SteveA 13:29:24 04/18/17 (1)
- RE: Mad Scientist Audio / HDC - double28 14:10:14 04/18/17 (0)
- totally agreed... - paco 02:00:49 04/14/17 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: totally agreed... - Old SteveA 07:19:31 04/14/17 (1)
- RE: totally agreed... - paco 09:48:43 04/14/17 (0)