Home Cable Asylum

Interconnects, speaker wire, power cords. Ask the Cable Guys.

RE: Anybody have any experience with Furutech FT-111 RCA's?

Had some time to work on the cable last night. For me, the FT-111's are very frustrating to work with for a small diameter (ie: 23 gauge) wire. The wire wants to pop up to the side of the setscrew as it's tightened, resulting in a poor mechanical connection. Probably with a wire gauge of at least 20 gauge or larger this would not be a problem as the groove the wire sits in would keep it in place and prevent it from riding up the side of the setscrew. But for this project, I'm going back to the Harmony plugs and solder...I just don't have the patience to deal with the multiple upon multiple attempts it takes to get the wire to stay under the screw in the FT-111. Spent close to an hour last night working on one plug. Finally got it, but had to re-trim a couple times due to the stresses of the wire riding up the screw causing it to break. Way too irritated to do it 3 more times to assemble one pair of cables. I still think it's a very nicely constructed and quality RCA plug, just not very suitable for small gauge wires...at least for me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.