Home Cable Asylum

Interconnects, speaker wire, power cords. Ask the Cable Guys.

Re: Affordable Speaker Cables

Try hcmaudio.com They have some Audioquest GR8 (I think tyey call it GRB or something now) that is really inexpensive. I've used this in the past with very balanced results sound wise. You could probably even afford to shotgun this cable.

I was recently going to try some Signal Cable speaker cables after some good results w/ their interconnects. Unfortunately if you don't buy their standard length, they WON'T let you return them. At least that is what I was told by Frank when I inquired seeking to buy a 13'pair of their Ultra- Bi- wires.

On the lowest end of the spectrum cost-wise, there's always Home Depot cable and Radio Shack solid core Bell wire used either spaced or twisted..they were both Stereophile recommended.

The beauty with these is that if they work for you ..Great... if not.... you've spent so little it is worth the amusement. I have tried both of these w/ decent results but ultimately this is a highly subjective and system dependent pursuit.

Good Luck and remember...this is FUN!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Affordable Speaker Cables - Supercool! 02:19:12 01/28/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.