Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Opinions on old FISHER gear

MOTO,
I've got a Fisher Model 100-R tuner that I use daily at work. (where I spend most of my waking hours!) I replaced the coupling caps and added a little capacitance to the power supply but otherwise it is stock. It has poor cosmetics and so I don't consider it a collectible. But it does have amazing sound compared to several "modern" transistor tuners. (an Onkyo, a Sony and a Pioneer)Although I have not had it aligned, it still pulls in stations as well or better than the new stuff, although it is a little noisier. A complete resistor replacement with metal films would probably cure that. I've heard that the 200-B is even better, but I've never gotten to play with one. If the cosmetics are fair to excellent on yours, you might not want to do any parts swapping: most collectors are pretty picky about a piece being totally "stock". But I think the Fishers (tuners and amps) are among the best available from that era; they've got great iron. Enjoy!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Opinions on old FISHER gear - specopsda 18:22:02 03/27/01 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.