Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: "it won in a ST-70 shoot out"

Hi Shovel,
I was wrong.I thought the amp was in the Shootout.I still have literature from GSI,Van AlStine,Southerland.This Purist Audio came out about the same time.Jim Aud is the modifier and Purist Audio still goes selling cables that even involve HO or some sort of German Heavywater.
I have some literature on that mod I want to get to you but I might have to make some copies.I doodled what looks like a tribal chief on Gilligans Island on the written description and my phone mail might not make it readable.
Jim Aud's company has a phone and he could tell you everything you wanted to know.The guy who wired it for me and is the greatest guy I've never really met,Audiomart penpals way back,is Bob Gates.I'll call him tonight and see if it's ok to ask him about the amp.I know he will say yes and he loves to talk.He was Jim Auds schoolmate in the Air Force.
There was more info on the Dyna Tube Forum too on that mod called the PAD ST-70.Bob also modded my PAS.I traded him another PAS and made 2 faceplates to cover the wiring he did.One for mine and one for his.I went to a sports trophy place and had a little thing to go over the tone controls.
I'll get you the literature and Bob's phone if you want....take care ...Mark K. P.S. Since that picture the PAS has been shined up and would blind you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "it won in a ST-70 shoot out" - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 12:31:50 09/13/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.