Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

NTS-1125 amplifier /modified Bogen HO-125 (807s)

Some one asked for information on the NTS-1125 amplifier which is a modified Bogen HO-125. I do not believe they ever got the info on the actual amp or they would have posted it. The thread is archived and can not replied to, but many of us will wait a long time for the data and be grateful whenever it shows up.
In answer to:
"Hoping for a History Leason #1: Bogen / NTS-1125"
https://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=vintage&m=141905

This amp makes 125W from two 807s. It operates them under ICAS conditions at idle and at the ragged edge at full power. Best use RCA 807s, or equiv with the 30W plate rating. All is well and good up to this point however the user is cautioned that these are for driving a bank of up to 500 of the typical 4" cone drive-in movie speakers and thus the amps have a limited frequency response that will make them troublesome in a full range theater system. My way of saying the power bandwidth esp. the bass will not be as wished. There is a document available discussing the use of the amplifier with schematic (drawing NS-128). It starts on page 50 of this 90MB document:

http://bunkerofdoom.com/lit/altec/altec_service_partial_3_we-bg_amps.pdf

I would presume that a large enough OPT and some attention given to the RCA TT-4 transmitting tube manual would bring this along. This manual is also available on bunkerofdoom.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - NTS-1125 amplifier /modified Bogen HO-125 (807s) - Opcom 13:29:54 07/19/18 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.